198 Contemporary Arts & Learning is currently hosting the 2nd edition of the bi-annual Womxn of Colour Art Award, which recognizes the inequities and additional barriers that Womxn of Colour and non-binary people often face in their practice as visual artists.
This award scheme aims to provide financial and developmental support to assist UK based artists and artist collectives of all ages at a key point in their career.
The Winner of this award will receive:
- Portfolio review and mentoring lunch
- Artists development support
- Work space
- Feature on the 198 website for the winner and four runners up
- Exhibition at 198 for the winner and qualifying finalists
The awards are open to:
- UK based practitioners
- Over 18-years-old and not in full time education
- Individuals who identify as Womxn of Colour and/or non-binary
- With a minimum of 3 years of artistic practice
The submission deadline has been extended until the end of March.
Sign up here to apply for the Woxmen of Colour Art Award.